Location: 5350 Gulf of Mexico Dr., Suite 204, Longboat Key, FL
Phone Number: 941-544-5478
Longboat Key vacations are all about relaxation and treating yourself. One of the best ways to let go and unwind is getting a peaceful and healing massage! Longboat Massage promises its clients a rejuvenating and refreshing experience. With over 20 years of experience, the licensed massage therapists at Longboat Key Massage have a background in Reflexology, Oncology Massage, Prenatal/Postpartum Massage, and other modalities.
One of the most popular forms of bodywork is the Neuromuscular Massage. This massage focuses on one specific problem area of the body. This intense technique includes concentrated work to the area of focus. It is designed to reduce tension from this “trigger point” into the entire muscle. Some patients feel their pain is gone after one session while others require several sessions to notice a difference.
Swedish massage is another popular massage form that can be found at Longboat Massage. It uses 5 styles of flowing strokes to massage. The five basic strokes are: gliding, rhythmic tapping, kneading, cross fiber, and shaking or vibration. Swedish massage is great for reducing pain, stiffness in joints, and improving function for those suffering from osteoarthritis.
Oncology massage may also be a service you need. This massage modality is for those suffering from cancer treatments and can be customized to suit the patient’s specific condition and needs. This therapy is highly specialized and is beneficial at every stage of cancer including: pre- and post- operative periods, hospitalization, during radiation and chemotherapy, at home, during remission, and in the end stages of life.
Oncology massage offers relief from fatigue and nausea, improved blood circulation, and equalized blood pressure. It is important to consult with your oncologist before starting any other treatments, so be sure to do so before making an appointment.
Massage pricing varies depending on the duration of the massage you would like. Other services offered at Longboat Massage include:
- Deep tissue massage – recommended for those who experience chronic, consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity such as athletes or those who have a physical injury.
- Myofascial massage – this technique stretches and releases fascia bonds to help increase range of motion while reducing pain and increasing mobility.
- Reflexology massage – this utilizes a system of reflexes by applying pressure on the feet and hands that affect other parts of the body.
- Dolphin Neurostim – a device for pain management that uses safe microcurrent impulses to delicately relax muscles and the nervous system while releasing endorphins.
- Sugar scrub and salt scrub – great for exfoliation and encouraging new skin cell growth.
No matter what treatment you choose, whether it’s one or a combination, the massage therapists at Longboat Key Massage are sure to make your Longboat Key vacation memorable and relaxing. With their expertise and calm, professional, and welcoming demeanor, these therapists firmly believe in the healing power of the human touch and want you to feel comfortable and relaxed before, during, and after your treatment.
For more information about the services offered at Longboat Massage check out their website at longboatmassage.com or give them a call at 941-544-5478.