What To Bring
Longboat Key’s beaches feature warm clear blue waters, white sand, scenic sunsets and sunrises, and renowned natural beauty. You’ll very likely be enjoying our island’s gorgeous beaches for much of the time that you spend on a Longboat Key family vacation.
There are private beaches located directly outside of our Longboat Key condo rentals, however these beaches lack the facilities that you would otherwise have available at a public beach.
That doesn’t mean that our beaches aren’t an ideal option for your day in the sun; you just will need to pack a few things based on your planned activities, the needs of your group and other considerations.
Below are some items to consider bringing with you so that you can indulge in the beach without having to make trips to and from your condo rental:
- Cooler – bringing a cooler packed with drinks and food is a must. The days can be quite warm and you’ll want to stay hydrated while you’re out exploring and swimming.
- Beach chairs and umbrellas – thankfully when you stay in one of our condos you can rent umbrellas and beach chairs so that you won’t have to lug them along with you.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen – be sure to keep your eyes and skin protected from the damage of ultraviolet light and don’t forget the sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Swimsuits – this may seem obvious but it can be easy to forget swimwear, add it to your packing list to avoid having to buy it at the last second during your vacation.
- Flip Flops – keep your feet cool and protect them from stepping on any uncomfortable objects with a good pair of flip flops.
- Sun Hat – for a little extra protection from the sun, bring a fashionable sun hat along with you.
- Towels – we provide you with fresh towels for your convenience, so bring plenty of clean towels to dry off after a dip in the ocean!
- Flotation devices – keep you and your family safe if you have young children or poor swimmers and bring lifejackets with you and other flotation devices as required.
- Snorkeling gear – if you’re an experienced snorkeler, don’t forget your fins and snorkel so that you can explore the beautiful waters around Longboat Key.
- Binoculars – binoculars will give you a better view of the ocean and wildlife. There’s plenty of it to see on Longboat Key beaches!
- Beach Toys – you’ll want to bring these if you have children to keep them entertained. Simple items will do such as a sand bucket and tools, inflatable beach balls, and plastic sand toys.
- Portable speakers – play your favorite streaming music from your laptop, phone or tablet with portable speakers while relaxing at the beach.
- Camera –be sure to bring one with you, even if it’s just your smartphone. You won’t want to miss a selfie opportunity with our incredible beach scenery as a backdrop!
- Beach bag – keep your items in a sufficiently sized beach bag so that you don’t lose anything. Add swimwear, sandals, towels, speakers and mobile devices, sunscreen, first aid kit, safety whistle, toys, books, and any else from the list mentioned above that you can fit in it.
This list covers pretty much everything you’ll need for a stress relieving day at the beach while staying at Casa Del Mar.
Remember that our condo rentals come with beach chairs and umbrella rentals, and we’re located right on the beach so that you can enjoy it as much as you want!
Bringing these items along will guarantee that you can spend several hours at the beach. However, anytime you need to take a break, shower, or grab a meal, just walk right to your Longboat Key condo rental at Casa Del Mar.
Reserve one of our premier condos for your next Longboat Key family vacation today and experience plenty of relaxing beach days ahead!